Thursday, May 26, 2016

Kelsey Hunt

Culture shock when getting home is a thing. Putting toilet paper in the toilet, not going up to someone and saying Hola, not needing to order a bottle of water everywhere I go, not needing to speak slow so locals can understand me. It's so different being in another country for a week, and then coming home. Work is difficult, getting back into the normal routine is the most difficult part but it comes more easily as it gets further in the day. My cat missed me, he yelled at me for an hour after I got home and kept staring at me, I don't think he thought I was actually back; it was really funny. Missing being able to text normally throughout the day and not wondering if I have signal. It was one of the best experiences of my life, it opened my eyes to another country's issues, local life, and language, it was a great experience but I am happy to be home. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment